at the meeting of the Academic Council of ATU
(protocol №9 from 29 April 2017)
The university’s mission is to provide high-quality education at the level of the best universities in the world, to preserve and disseminate knowledge.
The university’s vision: Almaty Technological University is a unique university with a well established brand, applying the latest technology in science and education, and striving to become one of the best universities in the world.
The policy is explained and communicated to the staff through:
• acquaintance and acceptance at the Academic Council of ATU;
• hanging on information stands;
• by posting on the ATU website;
• regular explanations by the leaders in the course of work, meetings, methodological advice.
With account of national educational systems development tasks, the region’s industrial development, the university’s competitiveness level and current differential characteristics, ATU has defined the following quality policy for 2017-2021:
• maintaining the economy branches with competitive staff
• upgrading the higher and postgraduate education content within the global tendencies framework
• increasing the science contribution into the country’s industrial needs
• perfecting management and monitoring of higher and postgraduate education development
• development of the university’s infrastructure
• upgrading the civic-patriotic education of the youth
Objectives in the field of quality of ATU for 2017-2021:
1. Maintaining the economy branches with competitive staff.
• training in-demand staff with higher and postgraduate education, meeting the internal and external labor market requests.
• creating information infrastructure and developing distant learning technologies.
• upgrading the teaching staff proficiency.
2. Upgrading the higher and postgraduate education content within the global tendencies framework.
• university’s operation in compliance with the Bologna process principal parameters.
• introducing advanced forms of practice-oriented teaching.
3. Increasing the science contribution into the country’s industrial needs.
• developing the university’s scientific-research potential.
• upgrading the research and development innovativeness and increasing the R&D outcomes, introduced into production.
• scientific-research dynamics and participation in the staff training for food, processing and light industries.
• encouraging the young scientists to R&D activity and forming the staff reserves.
4. Perfecting management and monitoring of higher and postgraduate education development.
• organization, diagnostics and perfection of the university’s quality management system per all directions of the university’s operation.
• maintaining the university’s positive image in the external environment, strengthening positions.
5. Development of the university’s infrastructure.
• enhancement of the university’s material-technical basis.
• securing safety and sanitary conditions for education, accommodation and recreation of students and the teaching staff and employees work
6. Upgrading the civic-patriotic education of the youth.
• formation and development of socially-adapted personality with a high level of civic responsibility, patriotism and tolerance.
• improvement of trainees’ social support.