The Public relations department is a structural unit of the university. Created with the aim of participating in the development and implementation of the information and communication policy of the university; the formation of a positive image, the organization of objective coverage of the implementation of the Strategic Plan for the Development of ATU, the formation of a single information space of the university.
The tasks of the Public relations department include:
– ensuring the information presence of ATU in the media and informing the public about the activities of the university;
– development, implementation of specific programs, projects aimed at creating a positive image of the university as an educational, scientific, research and innovation center, a leading higher educational institution of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
– direction and regulation of internal and external information flows at the university;
– the formation and promotion of the internal and external image of the Almaty Technological University, including through Internet communications;
– coordination of activities to maintain a corporate website, preparation and publication of books about ATU, the publication of the newspaper Technologist informational presence on social networks;
– Organization of media coverage of events related to the educational, scientific and cultural activities of the university;
– information support of the university leadership, analysis of materials of the republican press on the activities of the university;
– coordination of the activities of faculties and all departments of the university in public relations and the media;
– Assistance in holding a reception company to attract applicants through advertising events in the media;
– propaganda of the scientific and educational activities of the university in the country.
The functions of the Public relations department include:
– participation in the development of a unified information policy of the university;
– a systematic analysis of the state of information work at the university and the development of measures and proposals to increase its effectiveness;
– promoting the image of the university as a leading higher educational institution of the Republic of Kazakhstan and strengthening the image of the university in the international market for educational services;
– Organization and implementation of communications with representatives of the media to inform the public about the activities of the university;
– Organization and holding of press conferences and briefings with the participation of university management and senior officials;
– preparation of materials on relevant topics of university life; organization of interviews with the rector, vice-rectors and heads of structural units for the media;
– informing the public through the media about changes in the training of specialists, in training programs, about structural changes in the university, about innovative technologies in the educational activities of faculties through press releases, articles and in other forms;
– monitoring publications in the media about the activities of the university, the activities of state bodies in the field of higher education and science;
– content of the university website;
– coordination, development of recommendations and systematic control over the information activities of student organizations in social networks;
– Promoting the implementation of innovative educational and scientific projects in the field of higher education.