The development of science and education is an important priority for socio-economic modernization, to achieve the competitiveness of the economy and becoming one of the 30 developed countries.
Key tasks of a modern system of education, training and retraining staff were accentuated by the President – Leader of Nation Nursultan Nazarbayev`s annual missive to the people of Kazakhstan “Strategy” Kazakhstan – 2050: The new policy established state “and” Kazakhstan`s way – 2050: common goal , common interests, common future. “
As proposed by the President Strategy entering among 30 developed countries designated long-term priorities of the work in the field of higher education and research:
– creation of an effective system of training and assistance in employment of graduates, increase labor mobility, to ensure sustainable development of
Kazakhstan on the principles of knowledge-based economy;
– providing a leading university academic and administrative autonomy;
– development of engineering education and modern technical specialties with awarding of certificates of international standard;
– maximum satisfaction of current and future needs of the national economy of specialists;
– development of scientific and research activities of universities: the creation and development of applied and research units at higher educational institutions;
– establishment of an effective system of support for students and high achievers.
The state creates all conditions to solve these challenges effectively by higher education institutions: forming a new mechanism for the integration of education and business through the creation of trustee and supervisory boards and other forms of corporate governance, updated legal framework of education and science, gradually expanded academic freedom of higher education institutions etc.
For successful implementation of tasks in Almaty Technological University (further – ATU) to create a new model of the university based on a modern and efficient system of management and quality management, credit technology and academic mobility of teachers and students, the commercialization of research and innovation teaching staff, modern infrastructure, effective system for training and retraining of the new formation, effective relations with the business, modernization of teaching methods, the active development of online education system and the introduction of effective innovative teaching methods.
Strategic Development Plan defines the main directions of the University, contains benchmarks and developed in accordance with a documented procedure ATU-DP-5.3. / 5.4.1.-2012-27 ” The development of strategy, policy and quality objectives.” The main directions of the strategic plan and indicators are defined by Academic Council of University until 2020 and informed the staff of ATU.