SCIENTIFIC AND METHODICAL COUNCIL
ALMATY TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
The Scientific and Methodological Council (hereinafter referred to as the Council) is a collegial advisory and recommendatory governing body, a center for the discussion of scientific, methodological and educational issues of the university and the organization of scientific and methodological developments.
The Council acts to determine the directions and mechanisms of quality management of higher and postgraduate professional education, to assist structural units in introducing the principles of quality management, and recommends the introduction of new technologies for organizing and managing the educational process into the educational process.
The recommendations of the council in individual cases are submitted to meetings of the Academic Council or the administration of the ATU for consideration and approval.
The main tasks of the council
- Organization of monitoring the quality of methodological support of the educational process;
- planning, organization of examination and recommendation for the publication of educational, teaching and scientific and methodological literature, manuals and other materials published in educational institutions;
- methodological support and improvement of the educational process at the university;
- generalization and dissemination of best practices in organizing and improving educational, methodological and scientific and methodological work;
- improving the system of advanced training, retraining and certification of pedagogical and scientific personnel, analysis of the content of the educational process;
- preparation of recommendations on the development of a quality management system and the implementation of the results of methodological developments in the educational process;
- coordination of methodological work at the university;
- organization of work to introduce new and improve existing technologies, methods, training tools in educational institutions;
- organization of the work of creative (permanent and temporary) centers of educational and methodological associations of teachers;
- coordination of work to improve the scientific and methodological potential of the teaching staff;
- development of proposals on the development of education and the formation of priority areas in its implementation;
- participation in the certification of teaching staff and university staff.
The main activities of the council
- Organization of examination of curricula and curricula;
- consideration and approval of work plans of methodological bureaus of faculties;
- discussion and approval of educational-methodical complexes of disciplines;
- consideration of issues of educational and methodological support of the educational process at the university;
- discussion and making suggestions on improving draft regulatory legal documents relating to issues of methodological support of the university;
- Organization of the development of textbooks, teaching aids, including electronic media and didactic materials;
- discussion of proposals for improving the list of specialties (professions) based on forecasting the priority areas of production technologies and science;
- consideration of the introduction of various forms of methodological work aimed at improving the educational process and providing practical assistance to teaching staff;
- review and approval of the catalog of disciplines;
- approval of prerequisites and postrequisites;
- coordination and approval of annual activity plans of methodological bureaus of faculties;
- issues of development and examination of test tasks and other forms of students' knowledge control;
- questions of methodological support for independent work of students and independent work of students under the guidance of a teacher;
- Organization and holding of seminars, conferences, meetings to improve the educational and methodological and scientific and methodological work.
The procedure for the election and work of the council
The Council consists of representatives of departments, teachers, methodologists, heads of methodological associations, heads of structural divisions, advanced training, retraining and certification of personnel, deputy heads of educational organizations. The composition of the Council is approved by order of the head of the educational organization.
The management of the Council is carried out by the Chairman - Deputy Head of the educational organization for educational and methodological work.
A secretary is elected from among the members of the Council by open ballot.
The work of the Council is carried out in accordance with the annual work plan adopted at a meeting of the Council and approved by the head of the educational organization. The meeting of the Council is held at least once every two months.
Based on the results of the issues discussed at a meeting of the Council by a majority of the members present, recommendations of the Council are adopted and formalized in a protocol. Minutes of the meeting and decisions of the Council are signed by the chairman and secretary of the Council.
The Council is considered competent if at least two-thirds of its members participate in it.
The Chairman of the Council once a year reports on the results of activities to the Academic Council of the organization of education.